Here are 5 tips for landlords on how to create a sensational telephone presentation for tenants.
- Answer your phone promptly but don’t answer the phone in a busy or noisy location. Over 48% of phone calls are made from a cell phone. It can be difficult for a potential resident to hear, they may not ask as many questions and, quite frankly, you may not hear them well either.
- Create a verbal explanation of the property that makes it sound interesting and desirable while conveying the facts such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms. For example, your potential tenant may not have seen your online ad with photos so don’t assume they know much about the property.
- Ask how they found the property. Only 32% of the time do Landlords ask how a customer found a rental property. You always want to know what advertising method works best so that you can utilize it in the future.
- Remember to ask questions before deciding to setup an appointment. If you require a credit check, tell them up-front so that you don’t waste your time with someone who won’t agree to it. Ask if they have pets and be sure to pay attention to Fair Housing laws. Ask for the caller’s name and introduce yourself.
- Create a professional voicemail message and include the address, website for more information, and other important information including the property details. Keep you message under 2 minutes and return calls promptly.