Lead is a particularly hazardous metal which causes lead poisoning and damaging health effects, often lasting long term. Lead is most commonly found in paint, paint dust, soil, drinking water, and most recently children’s toys coming from overseas producers.
Here are five things you need to know about lead poisoning exposure:
- Lead poisoning is untreatable and there is no cure.
- Lead poisoning is most likely to occur in children under the age of two and with your pets
- If there is more than 10 ug/dL of lead in your blood you would be medically diagnosed with lead poisoning.
- 1 gram of lead particles (roughly the amount of sugar in a splenda packet) spread over 10,000 sq ft is double the amount of lead an individual should be exposed to.
- The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) names lead poisoning one of the most threatening US diseases in the 21st century
Share your thoughts…. Comment below.